Talula

Welcome to Meet & Greet! A new section in our blog where we will introduce you to great people, places or things that we love and hope that you will too!

So to kick off our Meet & Greet I would like to introduce you to the fabulous Talula. She is the newest addition to my family.

Talula: a tea cup Chihuahua so she won't be getting much bigger than this!
 My sister has been begging for one of this little guys for about 7 years and our mom decided to surprise her the morning of her 20th birthday. I personally have never seen a better reaction to a gift being opened in my life as the one that my sister had when she realized what her birthday gift was.

My beautiful sister Andrea and her baby girl Talula

I have to admit that I was not thrilled at all about having a little Chihuahua in the family due to a couple of reasons.
First of all I am a fan of big dogs, like Labradors, that can cuddle you and are just big and silly.
Second of all, though I love being Mexican and proudly celebrate my heritage I did not want to live up to the old stereotype of Taco Bell "Yo Quiero Taco Bell" family.  But, even though my heart was hardened towards Talula, the second that I met her she just about melted me. Though she is young and just a dog she has taught me a great life lesson: never judge anyone or anything before getting to know them...she may be a small dog but she ain't yapi, she actually is quite sassy!

My friend being wooed by Talula's beauty

realizes that all that Talula wants and likes are boogers..ew!
Now many people ask about the name: was she named after the brand of clothes? does it means something in Spanish?

Nope. She is simply named after a dog my sister loved when we were younger and lived in Mexico.

But I have discovered that Talula is a great song by a great singer from the UK!

2 comments:

Nomadic D. said...

What a cutie! I have a chihuahua in my family too and he's got as much attitude as any big dog I've ever met. You're gonna love her! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

http://nomadic-d.blogspot.com

jessica // union shore said...

OMG! how adorable is she!!

and i love her name!!

Post a Comment

Follow MNADesigns on Twitter